Monday 30 July 2012

What's for tea?


First an explanation: tea is northern-speak for an evening meal. If you live in the south, it's dinner. If you're posh, it's supper.

And this is the first in an occasional series showing what I've been making for tea. So, to start us off, it's Sunday 29 July and a recipe from the July 2008 issue of delicious magazine, though the recipe was taken from Ottolenghi: the Cookbook.

My courgette plant is in overdrive so I've been searching my recipe books and magazines for ideas. This is chargrilled asparagus, courgette and halloumi salad. The original had manouri cheese but halloumi is easier to find.


The recipe includes two of my favourite ingredients, rocket and asparagus, so we were always onto a winner. However, I think it was the basil & garlic oil which really lifted the flavours. It was very simple to make and absolutely delicious. Looks very pretty on the plate too.


For afters, it was Rhubarb and strawberry cobbler which is a firm favourite of ours. The recipe is from the June 2009 issue of BBC Good Food magazine. I really like their web site, particularly if I have a random ingredient and need to find a recipe.

The cobbler recipe is also very simple and has my favourite method of making pastry - chuck it all in a food processor!

So, a thumbs up to both and will definitely be making them again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment