Thursday 23 August 2012

Giant couscous & butternut squash


This recipe was inspired by the giant couscous. I saw some in Good Food magazine and couldn't wait to give it a try. None of the supermarkets around here seemed to stock it but I eventually tracked some down in the Waitrose near work.


The rest of the ingredients were either in the freezer or left over from other recipes: butternut squash, blue cheese, chorizo, pine nuts, spring onion and rocket.


The butternut squash was roasted in the oven with some olive oil and pepper until browned. The chorizo and pine nuts were pan fried together until the nuts changed colour. Everything was then tossed together and served on a bed of rocket. Absolutely yummy!

And yes, that is a strand of Chickpea's hair in my food. How on earth it got there when she didn't set foot in the kitchen while I was cooking I'll never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment