Friday 14 September 2012

Button switch


I recently bought a shift dress from Tesco in a lovely jade green. It looks great on and the fabric is of decent quality. The only thing which lets it down are the tacky gold buttons.

I dislike gold buttons anyway. These might have been redeemed if they'd had some kind of detail but no, they're completely plain. The buttons had to go. First I raided Mum's button tin but couldn't find anything suitable.


A trip to John Lewis uncovered these unusual rose swirl buttons. Ridiculously expensive but they would add the unique touch I was looking for.

Interestingly, I told the shop assistant what the buttons were for and she said she often does the same thing with shirts from Primark: good buttons make the whole outfit look more expensive.


And this is what the button looks like on the dress - much better. I like the idea of adding my own touch to something, no matter how small.



And this is me doing my best Victoria Beckham model pose. Me and Chickpea had a lot of fun trying to get a decent shot though the neighbours must have thought we were a bit mad!

I wore the dress at work for the first time this week and was amazed to get several compliments. Even my Dad commented on it and he never notices what I'm wearing. Not bad for a £16 supermarket dress and just goes to show that you don't have to spend a fortune to look good. Must have been the buttons!

No comments:

Post a Comment