Thursday 11 October 2012

Decorating biscuits I


Ever since I saw the decorated biscuits made by Miranda in the first series of Great British Bake Off, I've fancied having a go. Embarrassingly, I've realised that was two years ago!

Then, over Easter, I bought a copy of The Contemporary Cake Decorating Bible by Lindy Smith. It's packed with techniques and ideas for both cakes and biscuits and was just what I'd been looking for. Yet, I still never seemed to find time to put any of the ideas into practice.

Finally, a few weeks ago, everything fell in to place and, at last, it was time.
 

Ingredients were gathered.


Cutters were assembled.


Biscuit dough was rolled, shapes were cut, and into the oven they went.


Beautiful golden biscuits emerged and were left to cool overnight ready for the best bit: decorating!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment