Saturday 29 December 2012

Galaxy Scarf


Do you remember back in November I teased you with some knitting I was doing as a Christmas present? Well, now that the big day has passed, I can reveal it was a scarf.


The wool is King Cole Galaxy (shade 688) and the pattern was free from the Black Sheep Wools web site. It's triangular in shape and takes just one ball of wool. You basically start by casting on 3 stitches and increase 1 stitch at the end of every row until there is just enough wool left to cast off. Each row was meant to be knitted but I thought it looked a little boring so created a striped pattern by alternating blocks of 5 rows of stocking stitch (knit a row, purl a row etc).


The wool knitted up beautifully - soft, light and delicate. Once the scarf was finished, each point was decorated with 3 beads (all from Hobbycraft).


And this is the finished scarf. Ta-dah! I had a text from Sue on Boxing Day to say that she loved the scarf and the matching brooch I also made...but that's another post ;-)

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the colour and the beads add some pretty sparkle to it.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete